Oh well.
However, the homemade costumes spared us the suffocation from the dreaded plastic face with a string going around the back of your head. You remember those? With a tiny hole cut out for the mouth? That you always tried to stick your tongue out of even though it hurt like the dickens?
So this past spring, I was watching a new cartoon with Macy. This particular cartoon was about a little girl pig who wears the color red all the time. She has red and white striped tights, a striped shirt, and a red jumper and hairbows. Her name was Olivia, and I thought she was just the cutest thing ever. Therefore, this year a new and unique costume was born. Macy was...
Olivia the Pig!
My mom made the jumper (without a pattern - what skills!), and I spent an entire day hot gluing red ribbon onto a turtleneck, making a nose (that she refused to wear!) out of a toilet paper roll, and ears and red hairbows to match. Lucky for me, Macy already had the red and white striped BabyLegs.
I think it paid off. Even though her ears started to flop before the sun had even set.
(Her sign says: "Rule of Life #24: If you're going to wear a pig costume on Halloween, you'd better get chocolate in return.")
Now we have Reese cups, suckers, Milk Duds, and Kit Kats o'plenty. Enough to last her until this time next year, I'd say.
And I'm refraining from digging into her bag of well-earned treats. Really. ;)
























1 comment:
that photo of the halloween hobo will never see the light of day. ever. never, ever, ever. :P
Post a Comment