Our PC has been very sick. (Thus, the reason for lack of posts lately.) Even though we had anti-virus software, the poor thing would churn and wheeze every time it was used. In the end, the hard drive took it's last breath. I guess it was just it's time to go...
I grieved only a short time (thanks to Best Buy's 18 Months Same As Cash!), and I am now the proud owner of a MacBook. Merry Early Christmas to me! I'm still getting used to the simplicity that everyone raves about, and the fact that viruses are impossible to catch on these beauties, but this trackpad (i.e. no mouse!) is getting the best of me. Therefore, I am blaming it entirely for the new gray hairs that have taken root on my scalp.
That being said, you may have noticed the changes on this here blog. What with the standard-sized monitor on ye olde desktop computer, I wasn't able to see all the diamonds of different colors on the sides of my previous layout. And the first time I pulled up my blog on the new Mac, my eyes immediately began to hurt. So I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to all three of you who follow the blog and have widescreen monitors. I had no idea, and I really feel horrible for causing strain on your corneas. There. I feel better.
I guess one good thing about the PC's passing is the fact that I was forced to take up reading for a while instead of surfing the net. Many friends suggested reading The Twilight Series, and I declined for the simple fact that I'm not into vampires. However, it didn't take long for peer pressure to kick in, and lo, I fell into the trap. I read two chapters of Twilight and could not lay it down! I ended up finishing the book in less than 24 hours and had to immediately borrow the other three books in the series from a friend because MY GOODNESS, I HAD TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED WITH BELLA AND EDWARD!
I even had my dad babysit Macy one afternoon so a friend and I could catch the matinee of New Moon (the second book in the series that was made into a movie) at the local theater. Keep in mind, I hadn't been to the theater in at least five years! And now I am ashamed to admit that I am a groupie. (Go Team Edward! Even though Jacob has the best abs I've ever seen!)
Now that things are back to normal, I have been doing most of our Christmas shopping online. I try to stay away from the malls - not only because it takes as long to find a parking spot as it does to watch an episode of The Dr. Oz Show - but because their selection is limited or all picked through!
Case in point:
Saturday, I ventured out into the madness against my better judgement (in other news, our flu shots kicked in, so we can now behold the outdoors!) to get Macy some new shoes. She's in between sizes and every brand runs differently, so I felt more comfortable with her trying them on before making the purchase. After traipsing through six different stores, following behind numerous teenagers in love holding hands and walking very slowly (do they not know I'm in a hurry?!), I left disappointed. Every shoe I liked was either unavailable in her size, ridiculously priced, or covered in Disney princesses and/or some other sort of Bedazzlement. Call me crazy, but if I'm buying a pair of shoes that will be outgrown by Springtime, they better be able to be worn with most outfits.
On the way home, I stopped by a less-crowded mall that used to be quite popular but is now somewhat deserted. And there I found my diamond in the rough.... Sears. I also found tennis shoes and chocolate brown Ugg-ish looking boots in her size, very reasonably priced. With no embellishment, no character logo, and better yet - no lights that flash when she walks! Yay!
Now Christmas is sneaking up on us and I have one more present to buy. Luckily, I now have a working computer so I can shop merrily with Elf on in the background. Not to mention, I have a birthday present to wrap for my hubby, who turned 36 today!
Make it merry, y'all!
























2 comments:
How funny that as I was reading your first paragraph, I was thinking "OOOOH, she should get a Mac!" I am a complete Mac convert, and a late coming Twilight convert too (who is also Team Edward, but Team Jacob's Abs as well). It's true. We were twins separated by two years. And different parents.
Trish,
FInally got you added to me blog roll. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you with an address for your neighbor! I will bring it Sunday to Sunday school! Oh, and I want to come see your home and you after we get through the holiday! We'll have coffee in January! Love you!! So much!!
Tammy
Post a Comment