Back by the demand of four people.
Okay, fine. Three.
Having your child (who was a mere three years old at the time) start preschool, takes a lot out of a person. For me, it took away my desire to blog. And therefore, keep things a little more private. Besides, I figured the only people reading this were friends of mine on Facebook and keeping up with my life via status updates.
As it turns out, people were checking in. And I'd offered them nothing new to read.
Excuse me while I hang my head in shame.
I guess there were many things I could have written about. For example: our kitchen and dining room being revamped, my new nephew being born, Macy's first haircut, or me leaving her overnight for the first time ever to go to a Beth Moore conference in the big city an hour and a half away... and living to tell about it!
But there were also things that happened in my life that I'm sure you would have been less than thrilled to read. And I'm gonna list them now, so you can read them and be less than thrilled. Proving my point.
Ahem.
1. One summer afternoon, I won a staring contest with my dog.
2. I complained about the humidity more than once one hundred times. I vowed to become friends with more people who own pools.
3. Our huge pine tree got snapped in half from some damaging winds that came through our town.
4. I drank obscene amounts of sweet tea. And complained about the humidity again.
5. I found a shoebox in my closet full of high school memorabilia. The box contained a few cassette tapes from one-hit wonders back in the late '90s. I'm holding out hope that they will be on a new show on VH1. After all, I can't be the only one lying awake at night wringing my hands together and wondering what in tarnation ever happened to LFO and Marcy Playground.
So you see, I kinda did you a favor.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, "I'm back!" I think.
Yeah, I am. Now I can't promise every entry will be heart-wrenching. I can't promise that I will post something interesting every single day. But if you are looking for something every single day, then head over to my new blog on Tuesday.
My sisters have starting doing this "365 Days of Gratefulness" thing and asked me to join in. At first, I said I'd have to wait until January 1st because I'm weird like that. And then I decided that if I did hop on the bandwagon, I would have to have a whole separate blog for it. It's part of my OCD to not let things get all conglomerated. Don't judge me. So anyway, I figured what better time to start than my birthday? That will also give you ample time to get me a present.
In closing, here is a video for those of you who enjoy going back to the past and laughing at yourself for ever listening to such silliness. Because, you see, this cassette single was one of the souvenirs I found in the shoebox. (Be sure to pause my music over there on the side before watching.) The lyrics make absolutely no sense whatsoever.
You've really missed me, haven't you?!
[Edited to add: I was just informed that the lead singer of LFO passed away a few short weeks ago. What with my tv always being on Nick Jr., it's hard for me to stay on top of pop culture news. My hope is that you watch the video above and smile. And have this song stuck in your head for a couple days.]
























2 comments:
I have missed you and your words of wisdom/humor. I guess this means I won't call you first thing in the morning to get m laugh, I'll read your blog and call you after noon....when our girls are in (tears) school.
Love you
Trish,
You are too funny!
I love you!
I need to visit here more often..........I tend to blog very selfishly which basically means I write and then I move on because moving on seems to be the "call" on my life. But stopping to soak up words from others is soooooo refreshing. I needed a chuckle and a smile and a happy feeling!
You gave me all three!
Love and hugs from me to you!
Tammy
Post a Comment