This week, in an effort to rid my house of crumbs (and more importantly, ants), I did not take a Shop-Vac to my toddler’s clothing while she was still seated in her highchair. After every meal. And if I had done this, I wouldn’t have let it slip up in a conversation with my sister. And she wouldn’t have called me Monica Gellar, the obsessively tidy character from the TV show, Friends. I’m just sayin’. In my defense, I haven’t seen a single ant all week. That is, if I did in fact, vacuum my child…
[cough]
Furthermore, after my sweet cherub learned to take off her diaper and swing it around her head while waltzing around bare-butt in the living room, I did not try to outsmart her by putting her diaper on backwards in an attempt to hide the tabs from her busy hands. I didn’t. Honestly.
And for the record, I didn’t have only cucumbers and hummus for dinner one night this week. I guarantee it. But… say if I had, I wouldn’t have chased it with ice cream. Even if it was Weight Watchers ice cream.
Oh yeah, and when Macy woke up at 4am (ready to play!) one day this week, I most certainly did not stick her playpen in front of the TV, give her a few of her favorite toys and a sippy cup full of Pediasure, and turn on Noggin while I dozed on the couch for a bit. I mean, how incredibly lazy and irresponsible would I be?! No mother does that! Pfft...
Okay. I did it. Can you stand to be brutally honest?! Feel free to leave a comment here, or post on your own blog. If you post on your blog, be sure to grab the orange "Not Me! Monday" button up there so you can link it back to http://www.mycharmingkids.net/ - courtesy of MckMama. Enjoy letting it all out! :)
























2 comments:
Monica, oh Monica!!! :P
Where did Olivia go?
Post a Comment