This post of BooMama's literally made me laugh out loud. Not only that, but it got me to thinking...
Believe me, this house sees it's fair share of generic brands. Our medicine cabinet hosts a bottle of Equate brand ibuprofen as we speak. My refrigerator is stocked with a gallon of Great Value brand skim milk, cottage cheese, and sour cream. And even Macy drinks Parent's Choice brand "Pediatric Drink" every single morning. (Why oh why would I pay $11.99 for six bottles of Pediasure when I can get the same thing for $7.88?! I mean, really!)
So when taste or performance isn't affected, I will usually buy the generic brand. Who can afford not to in today's economy? But there are some brands that I am very loyal to. And here is my list:
Heinz ketchup
Maxwell House coffee
Green Giant canned veggies (for the hubby!)
Campbell's soups
Jif Peanut Butter
Hellman's mayo
Smucker's jams and jellies
Zesta saltines
Mrs. Butterworth's syrup
Crest toothpaste
Q-tips cotton swabs (learned this the hard way!)
Tide detergent
Downy fabric softener
Downy dryer sheets
Bounty paper towels
Charmin toilet tissue
Saran wrap (generic brands are a mess!)
Reynold's wrap tin foil (generic falls apart!)
Revlon "coffee bean" lipstick. (worn it forever!)
Huggies diapers
Huggies wipes (they're so thick!)
And let's just say I will never purchase any store brand of feminine hygiene products thankyouverymuch!
*Note - I will admit that last week, my local grocer was out of Maxwell House coffee (except for decaf), so I tried the Starbucks Breakfast Blend. I'm not gonna lie, it was delicious. But it's a little too pricey for such a small bag. Therefore, I will return to my faithful Maxwell House next time.
There. I feel much better since I got that off my chest.*
So what are some of your favorite brands?! Don't feel bad for sharing. You're in good company! ;)
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























4 comments:
*Heinz ketchup FOR SURE
*I used to be a Jif girl, but now I'm on to Skippy Natural. (No ingredients I can't pronounce...)
*Charmin with lotion (in the green package)
*Cheerios
*Mountain Dew (I can handle store brand Coke, but not Mountain Lightening!!)
(You might want to give Kroger saltines a chance, they're my faves)
Here in NZ we have almost entirely different brands, but I agree with the general gist of this post. Especially when it comes to food items.
Chris is the brand-name guy. He must have his Peter Pan, Charmin, Heinz, Doritos, and PopTarts. (Did you know that there are generic pop-tarts??? Don't try them. They're disgusting.)
Although I have no problem feeding my children generic cereal from a bag. They have no idea what the brand names are anyhow, so I don't get too much fuss from Parker (Lila just wants food, she doesn't care what it's called!).
Erin, I remember Mountain Lightning, LOL! How about Bunch, Bubba Cola, and Fizz?! Mom used to buy that stuff and we thought she was the meanest mom EVER for it. LOL!
I am definitely a Charmin girl. I used to use just whatever toilet paper.. but well it really is the best. Luckily there are coupons for it all the time and I just wait for when it is on sale then stock up like crazy :)
Post a Comment