I’m sure not. Come to think of it, I’m not even this chipper at night! My sweet daughter, however (who has no concept of time), woke up talking to her Mickey and Minnie Mouse who also share her bed. And who wouldn’t be cheerful waking up to Disney characters?!
Anyway, I couldn’t resist grabbing my camera when I saw this happy face! Even though her cheeks are chapped due to this dreadful cold she’s had for 11 days! (I’ll save the reasoning for the towels being attached to her crib rails with electrical ties for another post! Here’s a hint though: Teething’s a bummer.)
On a happy note, she was awake when Daddy left for work, and got to see him off while she filled her belly with warm oatmeal and a cup of pink milk. He usually doesn’t get to see her until he gets home, so this was a treat for him!
After she’d eaten (and taken a dose of "Dimetapp Cold & Cough – Toddler Formula"!), we watched JoJo’s Circus in her room while I attempted to rock her until she got sleepy again. And before I knew it, I felt drool on my arm. She had actually fallen asleep! She hasn’t let me rock her to sleep in ages! We normally just read a story, I lay her down, and she talks to herself until she’s out like a light. But this was medicine for my soul…I needed this.
Even as I saw her legs dangle off the side of the rocking chair and I knew she was growing up before my eyes, I felt happiness inside. I remembered the times when I would rock her in the NICU and she wasn’t even 4 pounds. I would close my eyes and try to imagine her as a toddler. But now, she’s usually so squirmy at bedtime that we don’t have quiet moments like this for very long.
I held on as long as I could since my arm had fallen asleep about as quickly as she did, and then I kissed her cheek, laid her down, and watched her grab her blankie and start snoring again.
Thank you, Lord, for a wonderful morning…
























1 comment:
can i just kiss that sweet chapped face through the screen? gosh she's delicious.
and such a stinker for making you go all redneck on her crib rails. LOL!
Post a Comment