Saturday, December 13, 2008

Trying To Blend In...

I was looking back through some pictures on the computer and ran across something that was too funny not to share.

I'll wait while you compose yourself. You're so anxious, aren'tcha?!

Here's the story: I was cleaning up the kitchen after dinner one night and Macy was barricaded in the TV room playing with her toys. I heard a thud, but assumed it was my girl - who isn't a bit mischievous - dropping her toys on the floor. She does that.

So a few minutes went by and I didn't hear her make a peep. I still wasn't worried because she's very good at entertaining herself and is a relatively quiet kid. Then I heard her whimper.

I went to comfort her and she was nowhere to be found! I looked behind the couch, beside the TV, behind the recliner, in the corner, EVERYWHERE! My heart started to pound as a thousand scenes from my life flashed before me. I had lost my child - in my own house!

For a second, I even imagined that the rapture had come and I didn't make it! I was absolutely frantic, I tell ya!

Then I heard a giggle. And as I turned to follow the sound, I saw her...

Apparently, she had reached too far for a toy in her toybox and FALLEN IN! I laughed until I thought I was going to soil myself! Then I had to go get my camera.

I imagine this is how E.T. felt in that scene from the movie when he's hiding in Elliott's closet amongst all the other toys. Just trying to blend in...

I love my silly little girl.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

LMBO!!! Look at you having your camera handy and everything! This is hilarious;)

Anonymous said...

DEFINITELY photograph her before you get her out. :) Love that! I love her, and I love YOU. So glad you started this bloggity-blog. :) xox

Nammie said...

I have laughed all over myself. You should write a book!! Regular moms need to see this funny girl!