Friday, December 12, 2008

Praise God For OxiClean!


As a mom, I thrive on stain removal. Nothing tickles my fancy more than getting a poop stain out of a onesie! And today was no exception. Here's the scenario:

Macy was playing with a liquid filled wiener dog. You know what I'm talking about, they're kinda like a stress ball, and when you squeeze them they become all contorted?! Well, this particular dog was filled with red liquid and bones. She had received this toy as a gift from one of her therapists because she said "Dog." (Well, actually, she said, "Goggy" but we knew she meant "Doggy!") And she had packed this thing around for 3 days, giving him rides on her push-toy, providing him with lots of hugs, and banging him on the floor. You know, the normal kind of affection from a toddler!

So she was giving him a good squeeze of lovin' this afternoon when I noticed she was sitting in a puddle of what seemed like cherry Kool-Aid. And splashing around in it, as if she knew it would be impossible for me to clean it out of the cracks in the floor!

The wiener dog had busted. Bones and red liquid everywhere. All over the floor, all over Macy, and all over her clean clothes. It looked like a massacre right there in my kitchen!

"Mommy-Instinct" kicked in and I stripped her to her diaper and immediately threw the clothes in the wash with a scoop of OxiClean. And do you know what? It came OUT! Her shirt and socks are as good as new!

Apparently that Billy Mays sure has a reason to be excited on the commercial. Is it just me or does he always sound like he needs a dose of Ritalin? He's so flippin' excited about everything! Getting dings and dents out of a car? Getting wine out of your lace tablecloth, or lipstick off your shirt? He's a one-man show! And he endorses everything... OxiClean, Kaboom, OrangeGlo, the DingKing...

Now my only problem is getting the red tint off Macy's skin. I couldn't exactly make an OxiClean paste and scrub her in it. I guess it'll just have to wear off. At least she'll be nice and red for Christmas!

No comments: