Okay, it's official. The start of January is always the best time to get back onto the diet/workout wagon. Besides, it's useless to blame your toddler for the sake of calling your lovehandles "babyfat".I decided I'm not going to look like I did in highschool (or like I did on my wedding day, for that matter!) if I expect these pounds to just fall off by themselves. I had actually hoped my metabolism would skyrocket on it's own, but I ended up terribly disappointed. I did have me some realistic expectations, eh?!
Therefore, it's back to Curves for me. Actually, it was back to Curves in October, but the holidays made me a bit sluggish when it came to strenuous activities such as, you know, putting on tennis shoes.
And this also means I'm back on the treadmill of a night, now that I can stand it. I actually had the treadmill in the house back in the summer, but we didn't have room for it. After all, it was in our dining room! Butted up between the fireplace and our dinner table, while attempting to be hidden quite terribly behind the playpen. So I moved it out to the garage. I had hopes that I would be motivated to stare at shelves full of out-of-season decorations and clothes in the scorching inferno that is our garage, while I staggered and had a fan blowing on me. It worked for about 10 minutes one evening.
So what better time to walk now that it's in the 20's outside?! It really works to my advantage that the temperatures are beyond frigid, since it takes me a good half a mile or so to work up a sweat. I do hate to sweat. And Justin Timberlake on the iPod makes me walk a little faster. After all, I'm bringing sexy back. He said so himself.
One thing that gives me relief is the fact that Oprah weighs more than I do. And even though I love 'er, it makes me smile. Just a little. Maybe.
























No comments:
Post a Comment