Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History In The Making!

We all know that today was a milestone for America and the history books. The day when our very first African-American President was inaugurated into office. As I watched CNN today and TiVo'd the festivities (and I must confess, became a bit teary-eyed), I realized that my daughter can one day tell her children that she watched history in the making.

I am so proud of the United States for electing a man of color into the highest office in this country. My skin is as white as cauliflower, folks, and I'm plum anxious. The family of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. must be completely beside themselves! I am so grateful to be an American! Look how far we've come! Wow. Here I go getting all emotional again.

Without further ado, here is Macy in front of the TV when President Barack Obama had just been sworn into office. Notice the snazzy attire worn by our new First Lady Michelle Obama, who may singlehandedly save the fashion industry.

And here she is as Vice-President Joe Biden was taking his oath. (Note: He did not allow an elderly woman at the local quilting bee to dye his hair purple - the bulb in my TV is going out.)

Yes, I bungeed the cabinet doors shut with a hair elastic. Thanks for noticing. I couldn't take the risk of finding bologna in the DVD player.

Now as to keep up with the patriotic theme of the day, I'm off to watch American Idol...

No comments: