Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Reality TV Is BACK!

Every season I have been addicted to The Bachelor. Well, with the exception of maybe one or two... Last season's finale of The Bachelorette left me unable to sleep. I was utterly confused when DeAnna didn't pick Jason, the single dad from Seattle. She let him get down on one knee and propose to her and everything! And then she picked the snowboarder with the pointy snout and corny t-shirts. Tragic. Completely tragic. And after they announced to the world that they had set a wedding date, they broke up. Perhaps she should've stuck with Jason?

Imagine the smile on my face when I learned that brokenhearted Jason would be the new Bachelor this season! I set my DVR that very day!

So last Monday night was the premiere, and I stayed up until the wee hours of 10 pm to watch the whole thing. I was a bit surprised by the lack of judgment from the producers this season. There are only a select few who have "immediate mom potential" and the others are plain psycho.

One girl (a dental hygienist and stalker) came out of the limo sporting a pair of Bubba teeth. She didn't even wait until the second date to bring out the crazy! One girl had him fix hotdogs to see what his favorite toppings said about him, one girl confessed that her "vision boards" made her dreams come true. And then lo and behold, when one girl thought the others had voted her off, she cursed at them! (Way to make a good first impression there, sweetheart!) And don't even get me started on those dresses. Didn't your mama's teach you to leave something for the imagination?! I guess not.

Last night I decided on my favorites. Melissa, the Dallas Cowboys cheerleader - and Stephanie, the single mom whose husband was killed in a plane crash when their daughter was just 10 weeks old. She just breaks my heart, but I think she's genuine! And for once, it would be a breath of fresh air to see someone who is genuine!

However, I did not like the fact that the previews show DeAnna coming back! Although I believe ABC is just trying to fool us into thinking she's back. Maybe she has some bit of decency and is only trying to warn him to make the right choice. Only time will tell. Until then, I can laugh at American Idol.

Oh sweet mercy! I laughed so hard at those auditions tonight that I began to wheeze. I had tears coming out of my eyes, people! And after two hours of this, my chest actually began to hurt. This is good stuff!

(FYI- Stay tuned until tomorrow. I have a funny post about playing dollhouse with Macy tonight. Speaking of laughing until I wheezed...)

No comments: