Being the God-fearing woman I am, I had to let out a warning of truth to those of you coming over from the link on Tammy's post. I do not have the "blogging gift" she does, or the powerful words that inspire so many! So if you're used to her heartfelt messages that leave you in tears (as they often do for me!), then I will be a huge disappointment. Prepare to be underwhelmed, my friends!
I write my life stories of being a stay-at-home mom. I share the funny, sad, and praise-worthy things that happen on any given day at our house. My plan when I started this blog was to keep family informed of my daughter's growth and development. (What up, peeps?!) I never dreamed I would be connected via link to the fabulous writings of "THE" Tammy Nischan! :) This must be what it feels like to win an Oscar...
Anyhoo, feel free to contact me if you would like to donate to our "Nick's Nook" book drive! I'm so excited to get this project rolling! I have spent many an hour in a waiting room with my little one, and I'm sure other moms have, too. Hopefully the wait can seem a little shorter once these precious kiddos can climb up on their Mommy's lap and snuggle with a good book!
I look forward to hearing from you! Please leave your email address in the comments so we can get in touch! Have an amazing week!
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























7 comments:
Hi Trish,
I just came over from Tammy's blog and wanted to let you know that I do have some books to donate. They are mostly early reader books for kids 4-6 or so. There are about 30 of them. Let me know where you would like them sent.
Kim
Hi again Trish,
I left the message earlier about having 30 or so books to donate. I just realized you may not have a way to get in touch w/me. My email is kss9501@yahoo.com.
Thanks!
I would LOVE to take part in the Nick's Nook book drive!! Please let me know what you need to me do - where to send, etc. etc.
And, by the way...I thought your blog was every bit as enjoyable to read as Tammy's!! Macy is quite the little miracle - and too cute :)
Please let me know how I can help. Thanks - Jennifer
Trish,
Hi! I'm also interested in donating books for Nick's Nooks. At this point, I'm not sure how many books, I'm thinking of making this a class project for my Sunday School class. Please let me know where to send the books. My email is DandMMinor@columbus.rr.com.
Thanks, Michele
Hi, My name is Jeni Carmichael. I am a leader of an American Heritage Girls group in KY...pretty close to Grayson. We were looking for an outreach project to work on together and when I read Tammy's blog, I knew that this one would be perfect. We would love to collect books for Nick's Nooks!! My email address is jcarmichael95@yahoo.com. I would LOVE to hear more info about it so I can share it with our girls and get started!!
Thanks so much...And I love your blog too :) Macy is also a GREAT name...my littlest one is Macy too!!
Thanks again!
Hey Trish,
I'm just about sure that right before I left town there was an email from you but I can't find anything now! Sorry if I haven't responsed but I would certainly like to help out with Nick's Nooks...please contact me again (sorry) and just let me know what I need to do !
My email is emjt143@yahoo.com
Thanks!
Hey Trish! Just wanted to let you know I just discovered your blog and I think you are amazing! You truly have a gift in being able to write in a way that we "viewers" can imagine being right there with you, as if you were on a stage full of Christian comediens making the rest of us mommies relate and feel better just by getting to know the precious antics of your little one is not much different from our own! Also, seeing your post about Nick's Nook reminded me: I spoke with our manager of the Diabetes Center and she has given me the go ahead to request a Nick's Nook for a corner of our lobby we would like to fix up for the kiddo's who have to come with their parents. Right now it is a blank canvas and I would love for Nick's Nook to be the beginning of this play area. Can you hook us up? I work in an office of 16 Christian mommies and I would also love to ask them for donations to help you with other Nick's Nooks beyond our own! Love ya! Bridgett
Post a Comment