Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Our Easter Festivities. And Some More Rambling.

It just dawned on me that I hadn't yet posted our Easter festivities. Not that they're much different than anyone else's, but nonetheless... I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat just aching to see what we did on Sunday.

Without further ado:

Sunday morning started off with Nursery Duty at church. Considering this was my first Sunday to help in the nursery, I was pretty nervous. I mean, I know how to handle kids, but on Easter you usually have a bigger crowd than normal. And I was expecting 704 kids under the age of four to show up. Imagine my excitement when we had about 10-15. It was another Easter miracle in my opinion.

After church, Macy, hubby, and I headed to WalMart. I'm tellin' ya, the place was a ghosttown. I have never in my life experienced such a peaceful visit while grocery shopping.

My mom and dad had dinner at their house when we got back, and Macy dug into her 2nd Easter basket of the day. Of course, she had more fun playing with the plastic grass that accompanies most Easter baskets. So next year, we've decided on getting her a few bags of said grass and an empty refrigerator box. Those are really the only things she likes anyway.

Oh, I have to share the story about her dress! It is actually the same dress my eight year old niece wore in my wedding six years ago when she was my flower girl! I'm all sentimental like that, so I called my sister and asked if I could have it for the occasion. We ended up having to have it altered since it drug the floor and I was afraid Macy would crawl on it and rip it. Which she still did - as soon as we got to church that morning! So she had to waltz around the nursery wearing just her slip because I was afraid she would split the dress in two at the waist! (I don't sew. If you couldn't tell.) Luckily, my mom was able to fancy up a whipstitch like nobody's business, and the dress is as good as new.

Want to see a pic? Of course you do!

I'm also sharing a photo of Macy with my grandpa. I love the expression on his face like he's so excited to give her a hug. She totally ate it up!


Now completely off the subject... If Adam don't get kicked off American Idol, I'm going to pull my shoulders out of the sockets! I've spent the last month trying to figure out why the judges (and America, for that matter!) like him! All he does is scream! I think he belongs somewhere in the entertainment industry, don't get me wrong. But I think that's more in the area of Broadway where it's okay for guys to wear pancake makeup. Or opening up for a band on OzzFest. And I'm sorry, I'm sure he's a lovely person on the inside, but all the nail polish and guyliner and tight pants with chains give me the creeps. And I really can't respect a man who wears more makeup than I do and has his hair cut like Kate Gosselin. I'm just sayin'.

The End.

1 comment:

nammie said...

Dad loves to hear her laugh. She has grown so much this past year. Look how pretty she is in her dress. I am so thankful to God for her health:):)))))