Sunday, April 12, 2009

Remembering Why We Celebrate.

We all have special Easter memories, don't we? This morning, we may be reminded of hiding plastic eggs in our grandma's backyard, baking a bunny cake with our family, or attending the Sunrise Service at our church on Easter morning.

When I was a little girl, I remember watching Dolly Parton sing this song on an awards show. I was so touched by the words, even as a child. And I still get chills when I hear it, so I hope it touches you this morning in a special way.

Dolly Parton "He's Alive"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbRPWUHM80M

Another memory I have is going to see "The Passion of the Christ" at the theater with my hubby a few years ago. I remember sitting there crying so hard I could barely breathe, as I covered my eyes and shielded them from the truth. I had always read the Easter story, always "known" what happened and why, but it wasn't until I actually saw what Jesus went through that it "sunk in". That movie did an incredible job of showing us the pain that was endured - just for us. And if you would like to hear a song that ties it all together, then grab a box of tissues and click on the link below.

Brad Paisley & Sara Evans "New Again"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-r-M_dORk0

Have a safe and blessed Easter, everyone...

1 comment:

stacey woods said...

okay, i'd never seen that second video before... thank you trish, so much. i sat here and cried like a baby to think back of what He went through for us... and how his mother could bear to witness it. i can barely type now for the lump in my throat. chris came in and thought i was crying because lila won't take a nap. lol! well, maybe a little because of that, too. ;)